Board Meeting/March 7, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 7,2016 at 4:55PM.
Mike Andres was absent.
The minutes of the February 25,2016 meeting were approved.
Anthony M. Rideout – Double Bass, Electric Bass 3/13/16
Robert A. Fisher – Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, Keyboards, Ukelele 2/25/16
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Robert Gray – Trumpet – 2/25/16
Daniel Perry – 2/10/16
Clint Don Kelly – sax, clarinet – 2/6/16
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld presented the Board with his recent debit card purchases. $2.74 to the Post Office.
- President Frankenfeld is still trying to get in touch with composer Phil Koplow regarding a possible recording project.
- Member Paige Kossuth will be billed for 1 quarter of dues and will then resign. She is moving to Utah.
- Barbara Owens, International Field Representative of the AFM asked President Frankenfeld to pass along her thanks to the Board for their service. She will be sending an exit letter. The lack of a recent newsletter was cited. She recommended that the next one contain a financial statement.
- President Frankenfeld will be sending out a notice to the entire membership noting the election of the Board was by acclamation. The notice is necessary for credentialing purposes at the National Convention.
- President Frankenfeld provided an update on the grievance process that was begun after a CSO player was denied tenure. Bringing in an arbiter will be costly and extremely slow moving. It would be preferable if the Local can work out a resolution.
I. United Way
- Don Hurd made the motion and Lou Lausche provided the second. It was voted unanimously by the Board to donate the same amount as last year.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25413-25426
Next meeting scheduled for at Monday, March 21 at 11:00am
The General Membership Quarterly Meeting is scheduled for April 4.
Meeting adjourned at 6:04PM.