Board Meeting/March 21, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 21,2016 at 11:10AM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the March 7,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- An email was received from Barbara Owens stating that two reports, the Work Dues and Federation Initiation, had not been filed. The reports had been filed and there was a system glitch that sent the errant email. President Frankenfeld provided the national office with photocopies of the reports. The situation has been rectified and there will be no difficulty being credentialed at the conference in June.
- The next retiree luncheon will be held at the CMA office.
- There has been no response from the Archdiocese regarding organists.
- Greg Felix has not been in contact with Rhonda. Vice President Lambert suggested we look for someone else to assist with the technology updates in the office.
- The music library move is well underway.
- President Frankenfeld was pleased to announce that a grievance withdrawal has been submitted. The CSO player filing the grievance requested, and has been granted, the 2016 summer and the 2016-17 season as optional leave.
- Auditions scheduled for next season will take place at the Taft Theater. Warm-up will most likely occur in the Scottish Rite building located next door.
- President Frankenfeld gave an update on the CSO/CCM Diversity Fellowship Program. Management questioned the need for a stage manager. Ralph LaRocco was present and everything ran smoothly. Of the 12 individuals auditioning, 5 candidates were selected. Now a Letter of Agreement between the Fellows and the Local will be created. The Fellows will join the Local and be paid a weekly stipend. It still needs to be decided which concerts they will be performing.
- Management called a meeting to go over best practices for the audition system.
- The ArtsWave campaign is well underway. Participating organizations must meet 100% participation.
- This will most likely be the final year for Lumenocity and there is a possibility that it may be moved indoors. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Services went fine.
- Carolyn Mason was there in capacity of librarian.
- There is discussion about a recording project for King Arthur.
I. Summer schedule and AFM Convention
- President Frankenfeld has noted a schedule conflict with the AFM convention in June. He may need to take leave from CSO services for Die Fledermaus. He is requesting the Board to consider compensating his salary for services missed. He is doing due diligence and is investigating his options with the CSO that could include rotating the services. Trustee Lou Lausche asked President Frankenfeld if he has a preference. The answer was he was comfortable with either option but feels that attending the convention is critical since it is triennial.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25427-25439
Next meeting scheduled for at April 4 at 5:30PM. It will be followed with the quarterly general membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 12:00PM.