The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on April 4,2016 at 5:39PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the March 21,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Dave Burchfield – Trumpet
I. President’s Report
- The Pension Fund sent a letter to President Frankenfeld about the One City, One Symphony broadcasts. Since it has always been a local broadcast it simply needs a local agreement. There are no issues or problems at this time.
- President Frankenfeld reported that Bravo Music was pleased with ticket sales to the dance. Approximately 425 tickets were sold. It was deemed successful.
- Gregg Felix, IT, has been in and is still working on the office updates.
- The CSO player that was granted a leave of absence following a tenure dispute has until December 1, 2016 to inform the CSO of their intent.
- Tuba auditions are still in progress. Finals are tomorrow. There were 160 applicants for the position.
- The IMA will be signed as soon as the CBA is signed.
I. Taft Concert Series
- Costumes from the television series Downton Abbey will be at the Taft Museum this summer and there will be a performance featuring music of the era.
- Payment for the Taft series should be examined and raised, if possible. Application for MPTF funding needs to be done. See next item.
- Funding for Ohio is $17,000 for the year. Requests need to be submitted as quickly as possible so President Frankenfeld is hopeful that the Taft Museum can lock in dates quickly.
- Convention issues will include the MPTF.
- The fund is currently providing 30% of full scale for performances.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25440-25460
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, April 18 at 4:15PM
Meeting adjourned at 6:36PM.