The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on April 18,2016 at 4:28PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the April 4,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that he had finally heard back from the archdiocese regarding scale for organists. There was discussion about what players usually do. Trustee Don Hurd described playing for student masses frequently held at 7am in addition to choir rehearsals should be taken into consideration. The suggestion of $75 was given for consideration.
- Tech updates in the office continue to be slow. The Trustees suggested that President Frankenfeld contact the IBEW to see if there is a better way to contact Greg Felix.
- President Frankenfeld asked the Trustees for any input pertaining to the CMA 990 that was presented. No concerns or questions were forthcoming and the 990 was approved.
- Ballet checks have been mailed. President Frankenfeld would like to investigate ways of making the process more efficient. It would certainly expedite matters if checks could be sent directly to Promo.
- The MPTF funds for the October Musica Sacra performance are in. President Frankenfeld feels that the MPTF should be a matter of discussion at the convention. Funding has been greatly reduced and there had been talk of film money being a potential source of revenue for the MPTF.
- Payment to the Blue Wisp Band has gone out for the project done through Mark Lammers.
- Tuba auditions have been completed. There were 15 semifinalists and 4 finalists. The position as offered and there is an alternate.
- President Frankenfeld submitted a parking proposal to Gateway. With next season being at the Taft Theater he is investigating potential parking options for players. A shuttle bus would be needed and he will be investigating costs. There is a new parking garage being built 4 blocks from the Taft. There is much to investigate.
- The final retirees luncheon will be held at the CMA office.
III. Taft Museum Concerts
- The final Taft concert is set with a brass quintet.
I. Pension Issue
- There have been three (3) calls from members that indicate there is a problem with payment. President Frankenfeld will contact the members directly. He is waiting to find out what may be the problem.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25461-25473
Next two meetings were scheduled for May 2 at 4:00PM and May 16 at 10:30AM.
Meeting adjourned at 5:38PM.