The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 2,2016 at 4:05PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the April 18,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld should hear something quickly from the archdiocese. Rather than suggest an amount that would be firm he will propose a minimum level of compensation.
- The office received a notice from a collection agency regarding Accent Music. We have been billed a late fee on interest fees. This was based on payments made by Accent Music in past years. President Frankenfeld called the agency and was told the collection could be appealed. Office Manager Rhonda Gillum was given authorization to discuss the matter with the collection agency. The late fee was waived and the initial interest fee was paid.
- The Players Committee, percussion section, and architects met last Thursday. The main concerns discussed were dressing rooms and percussion storage. There will be a crossover backstage. There are plans to install shelving for percussion storage. Timpani will have a dedicated space. There are plans for a new, larger musicians lounge. It was indicated that there is still a funding gap.
- The Chamber Music Committee is an elected committee and was asked if a non-tenured player could run for a position. The committee plans on drawing up some guidelines to help keep things as transparent as possible. In the meantime only tenured musicians can hold a position.
- As required, Music Director Louis Langreé has met with all of the first year players. By all reports everyone is doing well.
- Trustee Mike Andres has spoken with Carmon DeLeone. We need to get a bill to Carmen as quickly as possible. He also reported that the Ballet Orchestra would do the first performance for the Director’s Choice next season.
IV. AFM Convention
- President Frankenfeld will have to take off one week of services to attend the AFM 100th convention in June. He had previously asked the Board to consider some form of compensation. He will speak with John Layne about legalities and report back to the Board at the May 16 meeting. The Board will discuss and take a vote at that time.
- BAMSO recently hired Andrew Duncan, former member of Local 1. Andrew was expelled from Local 1 and he is trying to join the Lexington Local. He is not allowed to join until he straightens up his financial situation with us.
II. AFM Convention
- Resolutions to be discussed at the convention in June are printed in the latest International Musician. Trustees were asked to read through them, particularly one dealing with a moratorium on initiation fees. Resolutions will be discussed between now and the convention.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25474-25495
Next meeting scheduled for at May 16 at 10:30AM
Meeting adjourned at 4:45PM.