The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 16,2016 at 10:45AM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the May 2,2016 meeting were approved with minor spelling corrections.
Vijeta Sathyaraj – violin – May 2, 2016
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld will be getting together with a representative of the archdiocese this week.
- President Frankenfeld was told that there may be some outstanding checks related to May Festival.
- Membership Director Lynne Scott and President Frankenfeld are going through records for CSO membership dues.
- President Frankenfeld described the gift that will be presented to James Conlon as he ends his tenure with The May Festival. It is a wooden box made from a portion of a beam from Music Hall. Steve Sunderman came up with the idea.
- In previous meetings President Frankenfeld informed the Trustees about a wording issue regarding Greenacres and the recently approved CBA. He feels confident that if the CSO were to have any financial challenges it would be known well in advance. Recent fundraising by President Trey Devey totaled $26 million. $6 million was a cushion for the Endowment. If something were to happen the draw could go back up. A vote was held with the players and it was agreed to change the language to make the CBA compliant with Greenacres funding. The CMA Board will have to approve the contract as amended so the CBA can be printed.
- The last two meetings have had discussion to consider compensating President Frankenfeld lost wages, totaling 8 services, in order to attend the AFM Convention. The motion to compensate lost wages was made by Don Hurd. Mike Andres gave the second. The motion carried unanimously.
- A motion to submit an ad to the AFM convention materials, not to exceed $250 was presented by Don Hurd. Vice President Barb Lambert gave the second. The motion carried unanimously.
- Kudos to Becky Andres. An agreement has been reached. Becky provided many hours of work and even provided wonderful definitions giving clarity for the CCO Board about certain terms. Ratification from the players is still needed. President Frankenfeld is looking into possible electronic voting but a paper ballot will be sent with a SASE. The new CCO format was very successful last year and all hope it will continue.IV. CSO
- Parking for the Taft Theater has been resolved for the players. There are two locations available to players. The cost will be $70 a month for the players. However, if the parking is abused the deal will be reconsidered.
I. Convention Resolutions
- The next Board meeting will be focused on going through the resolutions that will be presented at the June convention so that voting delegates are prepared.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25496-25507
Next meeting scheduled for June 6 at 3:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 11:19AM.