The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 9, 2015 at 3:14PM.
All members were present. John Layne was a guest.
The minutes of the January 26, 2015 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld welcomed John Layne and explained to the Board that John was there to review the financial audit for the CMA Benefit Club.
- The President and the bookkeeper have discussed the options concerning the Organization obtaining the capabilities of preparing the financial statements that would not require significant changes by the auditor. Mr. Frankenfeld and the Trustees have decided that it would not be cost beneficial to change its current practice. Mr. Frankenfeld and the Trustees believe it is in the best interest of the Organization to continue to retain the auditing firm to prepare its financial statements in conjunction with the year-end audit. However, management will review and approve adjusting entries, if any. Additionally, management will review and approve the financial statements, including disclosures, before they are presented to the Trustees. Management will review and approve the Form 990 and Form 5500 before they are filed.
- Don Hurd/Joe Gaudio M/S and the financial was approved.
- Since many members do not complete the beneficiary card there was additional discussion about how the database can be updated and completed.
- Contract negotiations have begun. Management has made an initial offer and it appears to be very firm and the challenge will be to not force the management to back off from this offer. February 20 is the next scheduled round for negotiations.
- In addition to trying to reach an early settlement it may that management wants to start an internship program assisting Latino and African-American players. Funding would come from the Mellon Foundation. Students would enroll in CCM, join the Local and receive mentoring from CSO players.
- It was announced that Trey Devey has raised another million dollars bringing the total fundraising efforts to $18 million.
- Percussion auditions were successful.
I. Price List
- President Frankenfeld announced that the price list needs to be published. Secretary Dunevant and Vice President Lambert will make sure it is updated on the website.
- President Frankenfeld asked the Trustees if a current membership directory should be printed. Although the directory can be printed from the website it might be a courtesy to members requesting a hard copy. A small amount will be printed as needed.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24950-B24970
The next three meetings were scheduled for Monday, February 23 at 3:30PM, Monday, March 16 at noon, and Monday, March 30 at 5:30PM followed by the quarterly general membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:48PM.