The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 22, 2015 at 5:45PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the June 9,2015 were approved with three spelling corrections.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld has not heard back from Mike Lammers regarding a possible video that might include footage of the Blue Wisp Band.
- The MPTF senior adult concerts have been settled. One musician per concert will be hired. Dates and locations have been settled and each location has agreed to cover the payroll costs.
- There was a meeting today to discuss the All-Star Game and the performance of the National Anthem. The CSO is dealing with MLB. The CSO should simply announce that the performance is happening so it is on the schedule. Cancellation is always an option once a performance is announced.
- Ted Nelson is now the ICSOM representative. President Frankenfeld will attend the conference to help with the transition.
- The Faux Frenchmen will be performing as a part of the new CCO festival format. There was discussion about taping the performance. If the CCO joins the IMA they could tape up to 40 minutes and then use up to 10 minutes for promotional purposes.
I. Email from Ray Hair
- The email from AFM President Ray Hair titled “Just Sue Us” raises some concern. There are two issues to consider: 1) The obvious breach of contract and 2) Ten percent (10%) of the AFM budget goes to retain legal counsel. If the AFM goes to court there is a separate billing. Does this expenditure warrant this magnitude of action for a small number of players? There should be a clearer sense of direction for the IEB. President Frankenfeld suggested that perhaps it is time to start a dialogue between Locals and the IEB.
II. Email from Mike Emerson to Lynne Scott.
- Lynne shared an email she received from Mike Emerson who currently resides in Florida. It appears that a company based in Nashville has brought in musicians labeled Good Company and they have been supplanting area musicians in the restaurant and bar jobs. The local musicians are not a part of a Local and Mike was wondering if she might have any suggestions. Lynne shared the email with Gary Winters who responded to Mike with some very practical suggestions. After reading all correspondence the Board concluded that Gary’s response was very succinct and accurate. The only other thought was for the area musicians, who were referenced by Mike, could join Local 655 in Miami. However, just because one would join the Local the union may not be able to help.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25110-25119
Next meeting scheduled for July 6, 2015 at 3:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 6:47PM.