The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 16, 2015 at 12:09PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the February 23,2015 meeting were approved.
Jeffrey Owen – trombone 3/10/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Ellen Shertzer – cello 3/19/15
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld brought receipts to show debit card use since November. He was unable to get them typed up for the Trustees to examine. It was suggested by two Trustees to simply print out the bank statement, which will show the information more clearly. It was agreed that the bank statement would be printed and shared at one meeting per month.
- The Ballet Task Force had a meeting on March 4. They are trying to raise money to cover the use of live music. There was discussion about the relationship between the Ballet and the Symphony. It is possible that there will be the additional of one additional ballet week. This move would reduce freelance options one more time. All the more reason to raise funds so that the ballet could add another week of performances that could use freelancers.
- The Blue Wisp Band has been asked to perform at the Behringer-Crawford Museum in Devou Park. There is funding and the service would be about 2 hours but may run longer. Available funding would be under scale. The Board agreed to allow the performance under the 2013-14 scale if an additional $512 could be raised. Joe Gaudio will make inquiries with Real Estate contacts for possible monies.
- The Jazz Hall of Fame met on March 12 and will present its first class of inductees soon. Cincinnatian and Walnut Hills High School graduate Fred Hersch will be honored.
- The Department of Commerce survey has been completed and will be mailed.
- Second trombone auditions were successful. Joseph Rodriquez won the position. There was not an alternate selected.
- Auditions for the Associate and Assistant conductors have been held. Names should be announced soon after March 22.
- A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed for those working conditions agreed to so far in negotiations. Progress appears to be strong.
- James Conlon has announced that next season will be his last with May Festival. A search committee will be put together.
- The IMA was completed in December. The ratification packet has arrived and President Frankenfeld will be explaining it to the orchestra within the next two weeks. There will be a vote. There were no increases or gains. It is a 2-year agreement.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24991-25012
Next meeting scheduled for March 30 at 5:30PM followed by the Quarterly General Membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 1:28PM.