Board Meeting/September 28, 2015
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 28,2015 at 5:32PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the September 14,2015 meeting were approved.
Jason McNeel, Double Bass – 9/22/15
Michael T. Davis, Viola – 9/24/15
Michael H. Culligan, Percussion – 9/26/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- The Ballet Orchestra scale moves immediately to $70. Music Director Carmon Deleone would like to record King Arthur. The recording may be with the CSO. President Frankenfeld was questioned by Deleone if the recording could be done at demo rates. Carmon indicated he might write a piece that the Ballet Orchestra would do.
- The Idina Menzel concert work dues were not paid up front as promised. Individual members will be billed for the dues.
- The CSO management is asking for two waivers regarding schedule. They are hoping to record three orchestral concerti by three different composers and are looking for ways to accomplish this within the CBA.
- The CSO is undertaking a three-year project of performing the three versions Pelleas and Melisande (Schoenberg, Debussy, Fauré).
- The orchestra met with Akoustiks. It is possible that there are better feelings after the meeting and more understanding about the renovation.
- WGUC is requesting relief from the pension payments. They would like to also do multiple broadcasts. The amount has never changed since the agreement was established. Because of the Electronic Media Guarantee (EMG), President Frankenfeld asked the Board to contemplate the request.
II. Office Equipment
- Office Manager, Rhonda Gillum, spoke to the Board about updating the office equipment. She has spoken with and IT specialist, Greg Felix. The current payroll program is 20 years old and needs to be replaced. The new program will be an expense but necessary. Greg will submit a proposal to the Board. He is confident he can transfer 2014 data into the new program. Greg Felix offered a rough guess of $800.
- Trustee Lou Lausche gave a motion to approve the expenses related to updating the office computer software, including a newer version of Peachtree. Barb Lambert gave the second. The motion passed.
I. MAC Conference
- Next week is an off week for the CSO and President Frankenfeld will accompany Vice-President Lambert to the Mid-America Conference for the AFM. It will be held in Iowa.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25222-25238
Next meeting scheduled for October 19 at 5:30PM. The Quarterly General Membership meeting at 7PM will follow the Board meeting
Meeting adjourned at 6:04PM.