The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on July 14, 2014 at 12:15PM.
Carol Dunevant was absent.
The minutes of the June 30,2014 meeting were approved as amended: “a change to the schedule of the CSO to move a rehearsal and add a day to vacation” is still pending.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- The office has received a PIN for the debit card to allow access to online banking. Debit card as not arrived yet.
- President Frankenfeld reminded the Board that it is time to address the Price List. Office Manager, Rhonda Gillum, made some suggestions regarding formatting for easier reading. There was an omission in the last printing that caused a pagination error and that will be corrected.
- A preliminary discussion began concerning the Price List.
- Mike Andres proposed a $4 increase for the Broadway shows. The Board might want to consider a 3-year plan for incremental increases similar to the last Price List was printed.
- It was suggested that President Frankenfeld consult with Manami White about church scale. Manami has recently replaced Lenore Hatfield as contractor due to change of management for Musica Sacra. Musica Sacra has a special memorandum of agreement for scale with the Local. They have depended heavily on the MPTF in the past. The Fund has little or no available funds and Musica Sacra has been advised to seek alternate funding.
- There was a suggestion to consider an increase in single engagements.
- There was a suggestion to work towards an increase in the Ballet scale for rehearsals now that performance scale is at an acceptable level.
- President Frankenfeld mentioned that BAMSO might be up for a re-negotiation on scale.
- President Frankenfeld was questioned about collecting work dues from musicians travelling through the region. He responded that although we don’t go after them to collect their agents generally volunteer to pay the work dues.
II. Financial Report
- John Layne has been invited to attend the next quarterly General Membership Business meeting to answer questions and present the financial report.
- It has been advised that the office create a budget or treasurer’s report to present at the Quarterly Meeting. There have been some requests for this type of document. It would increase transparency.
- The CMA does have liability insurance coverage in case of financial problems.
II. MAC conference
- Vice President Barb Lambert has served as representative for the last two conferences. The next one will be held September 19-21 in Cleveland. It was approved to send to representatives (Barb Lambert and Carol Dunevant)
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24683 – 24699
Next meeting scheduled for July 28 at 9:00AM
Minutes submitted by Barbara Lambert, substituting for Carol Dunevant who is out of town.