Board Meeting Minutes/January 21, 2013
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 21, 2013 at 3:35PM.
Lynne Scott was absent.
The minutes of the January 7, 2013 were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS: NONE
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
- It will simply be a matter of time. We are waiting on a lease. We have given notice that our last date at the current address will be February 28, 2013.
- A ballast collapsed in Rhonda’s office. She currently has to work without overhead lighting.
II. Salary adjustment
- Rhonda has not gone had an increase in her salary for three years. There was discussion about raising her salary to an amount to reflect the amount of work and responsibility given to her. Joe Gaudio presented a motion and Mike Andres offered the second for an immediate increase of $100 weekly. The motion passed unanimously.
III. John Layne
- John has been working on the CMA Benefits Club 990.
- Rhonda has been updating the information in Peachtree regularly and everything is current.
- Now that the work has been done and the constitution revisions posted online there will be the opportunity for member discussion at the next quarterly general membership meeting. Since there would need to be a quorum present Paul is investigating whether or not we can simply do a vote by mail.
V. Symphony Issues
- There are some tenure issues pending. Since Louis Langreé has not officially begun his responsibilities they may need to wait to make the decisions.
- The ensemble is still 13 players less than desired but the goal is to get back up to 95 players plus librarians.
- A reminder that they will be performing at the Carnegie Center for Visual and Performing Arts for the production of Camelot.
VII. Blue Wisp
- The Big Band is still scheduled through February at the current location as the owners try to work out a lease arrangement.
I. Musician’s Ball
- The three bands will be Paragon (Clarence Pawn), The Jack Carr Big Band (Gerald Robinson), and The Pete Wagner Orchestra (Paul Wagner). Each group will have a minimum of 13 players. The date will be April 12, 2013.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24007 – 24032
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, February 4 at 3PM.
Meeting adjourned at 5:00PM.