Board Meeting Minutes/April 14, 2014
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on April 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM.
Don Hurd and Mike Andres were absent.
The minutes of the March 31, 2014 were approved.
Abigail Longhorst (percussion/timpani) 4/1/2014
Janice Ahn (violin) 4/1/2014
Yang Liu (violin) 4/1/2014
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Haejin Kim 4/9/2014
I. President’s Report
- Paul has been able to rent storage space in the building for the chairs and stands. Getting these items into storage will help open up the office space. Rent will be $43 a month. There is a larger space that is available if we need it in the future.
- Karen Frye has been in contact with Paul regarding the internment ceremony in Oregon for her father, Gene Frye. The Board expressed a desire to see a memorial service held locally sometime around the one-year anniversary of Gene’s passing. Paul will look into the possibility of having one in the foyer of Music Hall.
- There is a need for a memorandum of agreement with the CCO so that pension payments can be taken care of for the players.
- There is considerable interest from conductors for the CCO position. The Board needs to determine the vision for the organization before the position is filled.
- An issue surrounding the double rehearsal scheduled for Monday, April 14, 2014 has arisen which is causing major discussion between players and management. A similar situation has been discovered during next season and steps are being taken to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
IV. Musicians Ball
- Ticket sales are down. This is not unexpected due to the late start in organization and the date coinciding with Good Friday. Lynne and Carol will begin planning for the 50th Annual Ball beginning on Monday, April 21.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24578-24591
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 29 at 5PM.
Meeting adjourned at 5:45PM.