The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the February 10, 2014 tabled until the next meeting.
Kate Cinelli, viola, 2/21/14
Krista Weiss, clarinet, 2/21/14
Margaret Dyer, viola, 2/21/14
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Laura Sabo, clarinet, 2/21/14
Cristina Lindsay, cello, 2/21/14
Natalie Wren, oboe, 2/21/14
Nancy Bick Clark, dulcimer, 2/21/14
James Olcott, trumpet, 2/21/14
Denise Doolan, array, 2/21/14
Fred Erdmann, array, 2/21/14
Vince Scacchetti, array, 2/21/14
Michael Jorgensen, array, 2/21/14
I. President’s Report
- Paul has discussed storage space with Laurie Miller. For $500 a year we could store stands and chairs in the building. It would only require an addendum to the current lease. We would have to provide pallets, as there could be water seepage into the basement with melting snow or heavy rains. The actual cost is $6 per square foot. Paul will get the exact amount of space needed before the Board commits to the expenditure.
- Paul will be meeting with Laura Sabo regarding the Classical Revolution group located here in Cincinnati.
- Rebecca Andres, Nat Chaiken and President Paul Frankenfeld met with Mike Cioffi and Jennifer Funk of the CCO Board. Subsequently, Wes Woolard and Nat Chaiken were to make a presentation to the Board. However, Nat received a phone call saying that the presentation would not appear on the agenda and he and Wes would not be expected to appear at the meeting since they were non-voting members of the Board. Paul offered a compromise that the presentation could be given prior to the voting portion of the meeting.
- March 14, 2014 there will be a negotiation meeting. It will be proposed that the Board should include three (3) musician members that hold voting privileges.
III. Musicians Ball
- Tickets will remain at $20 per person.
- Carol Dunevant will meet with Jack Voet at Berning Printing to get the flyers and tickets taken care of as quickly as possible.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24512 – 24532
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, March 17 at 3:15PM.
The following meeting is scheduled for March 31 at 5:30PM followed by the Quarterly General Membership meeting at 7PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:15PM.