The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 2, 2014 at 12:00PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the May 15, 2014 were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: None
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: None
Jerry Hagerty May 26, 2014 sax/clarinet/vocals
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld updated the Board with the status of the CCO. The new format was announced in the newspaper. He is encouraging the CCO Board to maintain the personnel roster and possibly expand it or expand the language regarding substitute players.
- Doug Sizemore has stepped down due to health reasons. The National Office will be sending someone to assist the Local office until elections can take place.
- Pete McClendon has agreed to run for the position. It does involve significant travel and time.
III. Memorial Service
- President Frankenfeld will be in contact with Gene Frey’s children regarding a one- year anniversary memorial service. The family held a private memorial service.
I. Dr. Maya Angelou
- There will be a memorial service for Dr. Maya Angelou in 5 days to be held in Winston-Salem. Since Dr. Angelou recorded A Lincoln Portrait with the CSO there has been a request that musicians be involved. Stacey Wooley will be organizing the musicians for the service and reception. Due to the nature of the event the musicians will need to be versatile in the event a “strolling strings” situation is encountered.
- Players will not receive extra pay for the service. They are being excused from 2 services that are scheduled within the same time frame. Management will provide their hotel, air, and per diem.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24632-24653
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 9 at noon.
Meeting adjourned at 1:08.