The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 15, 2014 at 1:10PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the April 29, 2014 were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld informed the Board that he and Lynne attended the memorial service for Mary Ellen Tanner. Even though she was not a member of the Local she was a large part of the local music scene.
- The bank is trying to assist Rhonda to be able to do banking online.
- A film focusing on jazz musician Miles Davis will be shot in Cincinnati. The filming will be in need of extras and jazz musicians. Paul has written a letter suggesting that the Local be of assistance in hiring and locating musicians.
II. Electronic Media Agreement
- Discussion around the EMG is at an impasse. The next meeting that President Frankenfeld will be attending is June 15-17th. The Board granted permission for him to attend.
III. Musicians Performance Trust Fund
- While in New York with the CSO and May Festival Chorus, Paul met with Samantha Ramos. The State of Ohio received $23,000 for MPTF concerts. He wanted to check on the possibility of using some of those funds for a potential gala concert. Since that type of performance would not be technically “free” and open to the public funding would not be possible.
- Musica Sacra has been primarily funded through the MPTF and is now going to apply for funding through the Louise Dieterle Nippert Fund.
IV. Cincinnati AFL-CIO Labor Council
- Doug Sizemore will be stepping down as Executive Secretary due to health problems.
- There is a move to draft someone that members can rally around in order to avoid a potentially contentious election.
- The Council is trying to increase younger members.
- Trey Devey has indicated a willingness to begin early negotiations.
- Ted Nelson, Drake Ash, and Dan Culnan will be musicians on the negotiating committee.
- The performance in NY was successful. The soloists were superb and the John Adams piece did have a good performance.
- Paul has recently received a response from CCO Board Chairperson Jennifer Funk. There is no need to halt negotiations on a CBA and they will continue in good faith.
- The final 2013-2014 concert will be June 1. There is expected to be an announcement at the concert regarding next season.
- The Musicians Ball will be scheduled for April 24, 2015. Turn out must be improved.
- Vice President Barb Lambert reminded Board members to get their bios to her for the website.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B24611-24631
Next three meetings are tentatively scheduled for June 2nd at noon, June 16 for the Board meeting and the Quarterly General Membership meeting, and a Board meeting on June 30, 2014.
Meeting adjourned at 2:03PM.