The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on July 11,2016 at 3:35PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the June 27,2016 meeting were approved as amended. (M/S Hurd/Lausche)
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld read off receipts for expenses charged to the CMA bank card.
- Cards for the quarterly general membership meeting will be taken care of tomorrow. The meeting will be a summary of the 100th
- President Frankenfeld reported that he was able to secure two one-way tickets to ICSOM which will run August 23-27th
- A CBA has finally been signed and is valid for this season and next. A cover letter and ballots will be going out to members per Department of Labor rules. Mike Andres motioned to approve the CBA pending ratification by CCO members. Barb Lambert gave the second. Motion carried.
- President Frankenfeld spoke highly of Leeann Anklan, CCO General Manager with her work in the CBA process.
- Guest conductor Sarah Ionnides, and candidate for CCO conductor, is planning a multi-media performance.
- The direction of the CCO appears to be promising and successful.
- Viola auditions set for September 18-19 are slated for one-year positions with a stipulation that someone could be offered a second year.
- Viola auditions for 2017-2018 will be for 2 permanent positions in the section.
- Rebecca Culnan has stepped back into the role of Associate Concertmaster after her leave of absence.
I. Barb Lambert reported that she had not been reimbursed for her hotel room from the AFM as a delegate to the convention.
II. The Board of Trustees was presented with the list of members in arrears. Each situation was discussed, as needed. Two members will be allowed to resign in good standing due to health issues. Others were slated for another attempt at contact and others will be erased from the membership rolls. A complete list will be posted in the next set of minutes, pending contact of several members.
III. Middletown Symphony will cease to exist after this season. It will shutter at the end of May 2017.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: (M/S Scott/Hurd)
See attached B 25534 – B 25549
Next meeting scheduled for July 25 at 5:30PM and will be followed at 7PM by the quarterly general membership meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 4:55PM.