Board Meeting May 3, 2021
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 3, 2021 at 12:07 PM.
All members were present.
President Frankenfeld in chair.
The minutes of the April 12, 2021 meeting were approved with the addition of the word ‘roster’ in New Business. M/S Lambert/Lausche
I. President’s Report
- The CSO is continuing with restructuring. Paul Pietrowski has been promoted to Vice President, Orchestra and Production. Library and operations will report directly to Paul in addition to orchestra personnel. This position will assume responsibility for the day-today liaison management with artistic partners at the Cincinnati Ballet and Cincinnati Opera. Rachel Kilgore has been promoted to Director of Orchestra Personnel and Kelly Barefield has been hired as the Orchestra Personnel and Operations Manager. Sam Starter will continue collaborating with John Morris Russel and will report to Nate Bachhuber. His new title is Senior Advisor for Cincinnati Pops Planning.
- Dave Shelton is requesting information as Locals continue to deal with the impact of the pandemic.
- The audit begins on May 17, 2021
II. Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- There has been discussion between President Frankenfeld and Paul Pietrowski about the position of Head Librarian which will be vacant when Mary Judge retires on August 1. A plan will be created to present to an Advisory Committee made up of the concertmaster, principal percussion, one wind principal, and one brass principal. The process is envisioned to have three rounds.
- Musicians retiring from the CSO were given a small retirement ceremony during the Mozart week. Wayne Anderson was in attendance.
- Committee Dues have been pulled but Rhonda has not received a check.
III. Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
- There was no mention of negotiations at the last Board meeting.
- COVID protocol language is following current CDC guidelines.
I. FC Cincinnati opens its new stadium soon. The Towne Center Garage, used by CSO musicians and staff, will be off limits three hours prior to any home game and for a short period after each home game.
II. The Brady Icon Music Center is planning on opening in June or July of 2021.
- Continued discussion of the CMA website ensued. Everyone has been asked to send the top 3-5 items they fee are the most important for the website.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: Vouchers were not discussed at the meeting.
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, May 17 at 11:00 AM.
Meeting adjourned at 1:33 PM.
Secretary, Local #1